THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH LE GRAND PEDIGREE LLC. OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES:
RESIDENTS OF TEXAS WILL PAY 8.25% OF SALES TAXES.
CANCELLATION FEE: $400.
SWITCHING FEE: $300 (if you swith or exchange to another puppy).
ALL PUPPIES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE THEY CAN BE SHIPPED BY AIRPLAINE OR GROUND DELIVERY.
IF YOU RECENTLY HAD A DOG WITH PARVOVIRUS, PLEASE LET US KNOW BEFORE PUTTING A DEPOSIT, SO WE CAN APPLY MORE CAUTION AND APPLY EXTRA VACCINATIONS BEFORE RELEASE.
SPAY/NEUTER AGREEMENT: This puppy is being adopted as a companion pet only, not for breeding or show purposes. Buyer is obligated to MANDATORY spay/neuter the dog as described herein. Buyer agrees that the dog shall be spayed/neutered by ____________ (equivalent to one (1) year of age) and evidence of said neuter/spay is required to be provided to Seller in writing via email or postal mail within seven (7) days of said procedure. We require that the proof of spay/neuter be provided directly from your veterinarian, on veterinary hospital letterhead, to include the puppy’s name, date of birth, and microchip number. Additionally, a DNA sample may be requested to verify the identity of the dog at the discretion of Le Grand Pedigree llc. Buyer agrees that the dog will not produce a litter of puppies, either as purposely bred or by accidental breeding and by causing or allowing the dog to do so, expressly terminates any health guarantee herein and Seller reserves the right to reclaim the puppy without any compensation to Buyer, and/or a $50,000 breeding fee will be owed to Seller immediately and any applicable health guarantees will be void. If necessary, legal action will be taken to collect
damages, fees and expenses with Buyer being solely responsible for all fees to enforce this pet, non-breeding agreement.
· Your new puppy has no known diseases or illnesses & has been thoroughly examined by both ourselves and our veterinarian.
· All age-appropriate vaccinations will be current and fully documented & provided to Buyer
48 HOUR WARRANTY: Within forty-eight (48) hours of Buyer taking possession of the puppy, the puppy must be examined by a licensed veterinarian, except if a Buyer takes possession on Friday, the puppy must be seen by a licensed veterinarian by the following Monday. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian within forty-eight (48) hours of Buyer taking possession, then the health warranty on the puppy is void. Any exam performed by a vet belonging to the Banfield network (Petsmart/Petco) will void this warranty in its entirety due to their reputation of financial abuse and manipulation of new puppy owners. Breeder holds the right to have the puppy re-examined by our veterinarian to validate any diagnosis. Any vet expenses incurred by Buyer will not be refunded. HEALTH GUARANTEES: Unfortunately, and it is extremely rare, but after leaving our care a puppy might become medically compromised in a variety of ways. These include physical injury, hypoglycemia, neglect, extreme environmental conditions, or exposure to pathogens. Even the most preeminent breeder could potentially have a puppy that develops and/or displays symptoms of a medical nature. These are conditions well outside the realm of reasonable care or prevention and the potential of this atypical situation has facilitated the formulation of our extensive guarantee process.
1. Congenital Defects. Breeder warrants the health of the puppy for one (1) year to be free of: severe luxating patellas (requiring surgical correction), hip dysplasia, cataracts, epilepsy/seizures, tracheal collapse, heart, kidney and liver ailments. If the puppy is diagnosed by OFA (or other accredited certifier) as having severe patellar luxation or as having severely dysplastic hip(s) on or before their 1st birthday, Buyer must submit a copy of the OFA report to Breeder. A veterinarian cannot make the diagnosis. The diagnosis must be made by OFA, PennHip, or other accredited hip specialist certifiers and the puppy must be sedated for the radiograph to be taken.
2. Life Threatening Defects. If Buyer' veterinarian determines that the puppy has a life threatening hereditary defect, Buyer must notify Breeder of the defect in writing within twenty-four (24) hours of the determination. A statement setting forth such defect from Buyer's diagnosing veterinarian, on the veterinarian's letterhead, must be forwarded to Breeder within seventy-two (72) hours of such determination. Breeder reserves the right to have the puppy examined by a veterinarian of Breeder's choice to validate any diagnosis of life threatening hereditary diseases at Breeder's expense; all ether veterinary and transportation expenses are Buyer's obligation. If Breeder's veterinarian verifies the life threatening defect in accordance with the above provisions, Breeder will reimburse Buyer for veterinary expenses related to the defect up to the purchase price of the puppy if Buyer retains ownership of the puppy. Any shipping fees will not be refunded.
3. Stress-Related Illnesses. Breeder cannot guarantee the puppy against illness or opportunistic parasite brought on by the stress of moving (from our house to yours), shipping, or motion sickness resulting from being transported. This stress can ignite illnesses such as hypoglycemia (sugar drop) and opportunistic parasites such as coccidia (dormant in most live animals), giardia (also dormant in most live animals), kennel cough (upper respiratory), etc. Breeder also does not guarantee the puppy to be “worm-free” as this is an on-going process that, once the puppy is out of our care, is the sole responsibility of Buyer. These conditions are easily and economically treated. Any expenses incurred by Buyer will not be refunded.
4. Hypoglycemia. All toy breed puppies are extremely susceptible to hypoglycemia. This is especially true for those puppies that may be smaller than a typical toy such as a “teacup” or “tiny toy”. Breeder will provide to Buyer detailed instructions relative to the prevention of, and treatment of hypoglycemia. For this reason, Breeder will never accept any liability for any losses of any nature as a result of this condition.
5. Reproduction. Any dog that has sired or whelped one or more puppies is no longer covered under this guarantee.
6. Other Exclusions. This guarantee does NOT cover any costs associated with spaying or neutering, nor does it cover injury or death from any routine surgical procedure. Further, this guarantee does not cover any of the following conditions or minor flaws: kennel cough, pneumonia, upper respiratory conditions, ear mites, ear infections, skin mites, mange (sarcoptic demodectic or cheyletiella), cherry eye or any other non life-threatening eye, skin, or tissue issues, allergies, over or under bites, herniations, a non life-threatening open fontanel, non life-threatening bone or joint disorders such as but not limited to luxating patellas (not requiring surgical intervention) and heart murmurs that are not life threatening. Breeder cannot guarantee size, color, temperament or fertility (including presence of testicles) of any puppy. Breeder cannot guarantee size or conformation and does not imply or intend to imply any potential and/or prospect of show quality of any puppy. In addition, Breeder cannot guarantee that dewclaws will not re-grow and will not be responsible for any vet charges the Buyer may incur in removing dewclaws or tail docking.
PREVENTATIVE HEALTH & NUTRITION: Buyer agrees to keep the puppy in good physical condition with regularly scheduled vaccinations, dewormings, flea, tick and heartworm prevention and to provide proper shelter, exercise, fresh water, dog food, treats, pet care products and nutritional supplements as described herein. Administering an internal flea medication, using Comfortis, Trifexis Flea & Tick products will void all guarantees. We strongly caution you to never feed a “grocery/club store” brand for the entire life of your dog to ensure longevity and long-term health of your dog!
Should any settlement under any of the conditions of the health guarantee become necessary, Breeder reserves the right to resolve any problem by the following means and with the stipulations listed below:
7. Replace the dog based on the findings of our veterinarian following a consultation with the Buyer veterinarian and with Breeder regaining possession of the dog.
8. Provide surgical intervention to resolve the medical defect under the following conditions:
9. Any needed surgery would be performed only following a consultation with our veterinarian who will determine whether he or an associate would normally perform the procedure, or for that matter, if said procedure is even indicated or appropriate.
10. Buyer will be required to submit full medical records, including laboratory results, pathological reports, imaging results including x-rays, CT or MRI, also a DNA sample may be requested to verify the identity of the dog.
11.Should surgery be required and agreed to by the various consulting veterinarians, Breeder reserves the right to take one of the following actions;
12. Engage our veterinarian to perform the surgery with both the Buyer and Breeder sharing equally in all costs, i.e. shipping, housing of dog, and medical procedures.
13. If it is agreed that the health of the animal might be compromised by travel and the procedure can be performed properly by a mutually acceptable provider near the Buyer's home, then Breeder will pay up to half of all medical costs not exceeding the original purchase price of dog. The reimbursement will be for half of all expenses incurred up to what our veterinarian would charge for the same procedure.*
14. Under no circumstance or condition will Breeder assume any liability for any surgery or medical procedure unless said surgery or medical procedure is performed only after consultation and concurrence with Breeder.
15. In all cases, the limit of liability of Breeder will never exceed the purchase price of the dog.*
*(For example, if a dog was purchased for $2000 and an agreed to surgery was $1000, Breeder would pay $500. If the surgery were to be $5000, Breeder would pay the original purchase price of that dog or in other words, a maximum of $2000.) 3. In the unlikely event that a death occur within the health guarantee period, a necropsy must be performed by a licensed veterinarian and a copy of the report forwarded to Breeder for review by Breeder's veterinarian prior to assumption of Breeder liability. If our veterinarian concurs that the puppy did indeed pass away due a genetic defect covered under the health guarantee, we will replace your puppy as soon as one is available. All expenses are at Buyer's expense including the licensed veterinarian tests, professional diagnosis and necropsy, if applicable, as well as the return shipping and shipping of the replacement puppy. If the puppy becomes ill and the owner has the puppy euthanized without Breeders prior consent, no replacement will be made. If the Buyer declines a replacement puppy, then Breeder shall be under no further obligation and it will be deemed that the Buyer has released the Breeder from any and all further claims, obligations or duty. FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL: Buyer agrees that the puppy will never be sold, leased or given to any pet shop, animal shelter, rescue, research laboratory or other similar facility. In the event Buyer decides they can no longer care for the dog, wishes to sell, transfer ownership, give the puppy/dog away, the Buyer agrees to notify Breeder immediately and Breeder is to be given the "FIRST RIGHT" of refusal. If Breeder exercises this right, ownership shall be legally transferred to Breeder and once Breeder has found an appropriate home for the dog, half of what it is resold for will be returned to Buyer. All registration papers, immunization papers, microchip registration papers, etc. must be returned with the puppy and cost of shipping shall be at Buyer's expense. Breeder may accept credit cards as a convenience to Buyer. The pictures which Breeder provides to Buyer are of a professional quality, taken by a professional. Buyer does not have permission to alter these photos in any way, nor does Buyer have permission to attempt to resell any puppy acquired from Breeder using any of these pictures. Further, Buyer gives permission to Breeder to share any and all photos sent to Breeder for the purposes of advertisement so long as Buyer’s name is attributed as current owner.